Today’s Bloganuary prompt from WordPress is, What advice would you give your teenage self?
For me, I’d tell my teenage self these 9 things:
- Enjoy that Big Mac and large fries. You probably won’t later on because you know, health and guilt.
- Skinny jeans will be back in vogue, but don’t keep them because they won’t fit, probably because of all those big macs and large fries.
- One day when you look in the mirror you’ll see your mom and will sound like her too. Thank goodness she was a great lady.
- All those things you’re self-conscious about today will be highly valued when you’re older (except for the acne), so take it in stride.
- Don’t worry you won’t always have to go to the library to do research or homework.
- You won’t need to carry dimes to make a phone call. One day phones will be in your pocket, they’ll be tiny and you’ll be taking too many pictures with them.
- Make mistakes, they’ll be easy to fix thanks to computerized word programs.
- Put your seatbelt on it’s going to be a scary, exhausting, thrilling, exhilarating ride. And you’re going to be the driver. There will be this thing called GPS, but you’ll probably still get lost.
- Life moves fast, so stop to smell the roses, and the tulips and the hydrangeas (even though they don’t smell.)
Not sure what Bloganuary is? Jump on board by reading about it here. See you tomorrow for the next Bloganuary post!
And now tell me, what advice would you give your teenage self?